Arts Amplified is a reimbursement marketing program designed to assist organizations and planners of public art events/promotions held in the Buda city limits for the purpose of attracting visitors from outside of Buda. The advertisement must be placed at least 50 miles outside of Buda city limits. If approved, an organization or event held within the city limits, can be reimbursed for up to 50% of their marketing costs for eligible projects up to $3,000. The Arts Amplified fund is limited to the amount funded by City Council each fiscal year and is administered on a first come, first serve basis. Applications are accepted year-round until all funding is awarded.
The organization’s event or promotions must be in the Buda city limits with priority given to those within the Historic Downtown Buda district (future Buda Cultural Arts District) as designated by the Central Business District Guidelines and the Buda Amphitheater. This area includes Main St. from San Antonio St. to Goforth Rd., Railroad St., Austin St. and part of Cedar St. Please see district map on page 4 for reference.
All advertisements must promote the arts and tourism in Buda with an audience at least a 50-mile radius from Buda city limits.
All advertising must include the phrase “supported by Buda Arts Commission”.
Advertising must promote tourism and meet the Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Code requirements. Full code found HERE
Ads that are to be renewals will need to reapply annually for funding
A single application may include multiple advertisements, but only a maximum of $3,000 can be reimbursed to the applicant per year.
Qualifying advertisements include magazine, newspaper, billboard, radio, television, targeted web and social media advertisements. If the advertisement is not listed, it will be considered based on the proposal.
If multiple organizations present a cooperative advertisement, each organization would be eligible for up to a 50% match of their portion, not to exceed $3,000 of the total advertisement cost.
An applicant receiving funds through the Arts AMPLIFIED grant may not receive grant funds through the Hotel Occupancy Tax Reimbursement Grant or the Downtown Co-Marketing Grant for the same event.
Qualifying events held on City of Buda property must follow guidelines set forth by the Buda Parks Department, where applicable. Before application consideration the applicant must provide proof of submission of a special events packet to Buda Parks Department no later than 60 days before the event. For reimbursement to be released, proof of an approved special event packet and payment receipts are required.
Receipts and documentation that the ad ran must be submitted no later than 60 days after the advertisement ran or by August 30th whichever comes first. If the applicant fails to turn in receipts and documentation that the ad ran for an approved application, the application approval will be rescinded, and the applicant will no longer be eligible to collect on the reimbursement.
Non-eligible activities included reoccurring classes and invite-only events.
Any funds remaining in the grant program on August 1 will be released for any business/organization to apply even if they have already received their $3,000 maximum for that fiscal year. Any applicant applying to receive more than $3,000 per fiscal year after August 1 will be considered on a case-by-case basis and are subject to rejection of their application.
Any remaining funds after July 1 will be released for any business/organization to apply for funding even if they have received their $3,000 maximum reimbursement. These applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and are subject to the discretion of staff for the highest and best use of the remaining funds. Additional funding is not guaranteed.
1. Applicant gets quote, draft of advertisement, and market reach from advertiser.
2. Applicant formally submits the application through the on-line portal located at discoverbudatx.com/grants. A rendering and invoice/quote of the proposed marketing must be included. If social media campaign or a targeted web ad, a copy of advertisement with a screen shot of the target market and cost will be accepted.
3. Prior to placing any advertising or first stages of event planning: An applicant must schedule an informal meeting with Destination Services staff to review the proposed advertising and completed application. If cooperative advertisement, only one member of the co-op needs to be present.
4. Advertisements unbecoming of the City of Buda will not be approved.
5. Destination Services staff will review the completed application and proposed advertising. Applicants will be notified within one week of submission if approved or denied.
6. Applicant submits copy of final advertisement, w9 and paid receipt to Destination Service no later than 60 days after the advertisement ran or August 30th whichever comes first. Failure to submit by this date will result in the voiding of your agreement.
7. Payment will be processed at the next available check distribution date determined by the Finance Department and applicant will be notified when payment is sent.
Notice: Invoices, estimates, quotes, insertion orders, ad agreements, in-kind or trade documents will not be accepted as proof of payment. Failure to provide proper documentation will result in voiding of your agreement.
For questions, please contact City of Buda Destination Services office at 512-295-7170 or via email at email@example.com.